Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Casting

I've been called hot-blooded plenty of times, and I generally took that to mean passionate, which is true. A guy like me can get worked up, angry, wrapped up in the moment, because somewhere, deep in my blood, something sings to me. Something in my heart, my brain, something within me demands passion, makes me hotblooded.

And I admit, sometimes I take things too far, sometimes I become a little more passionate than I should. Sometimes, I act like a real jackass. And apparently, that makes me the bad guy. Apparently, the passion, the energy and the power in my actions makes me the villain of the piece.

Why?

Is it because that kind of passion, that amount of devotion to an idea is scary?

Is it because I am somehow flawed in my drive?

I push people away to bring them closer. Fact. The way I function is meant to keep those that don't deserve me away. Have I been to harsh? Perhaps. But better safe than sorry.

But now, I have been confronted by those whom I've assumed were close and told that my very personality is too much. Now, I don't believe I have changed. I am much the same creature I once was, and that the situation I am in has changed more than I have, and I can deal with that.

What I can't deal with is being called the problem.

What I can't deal with is being accused of betrayal.

What I can't deal with is being cast as the villain in my own life.

If being myself makes me the antagonist, perhaps a change of cast is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment